Three ingredient tropical ice cream
Three ingredient tropical ice cream – dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, clean, vegan and paleo friendly.
Would you believe me if I told you that you could have a creamy, delicious, no churn 3 ingredient ice cream that was super healthy for you? Well you can!
Using bananas, mangoes and coconut cream, you can enjoy the taste of Summer and rest assured in the fact that you’re nourishing your body at the same time.
Delightfully sweet and creamy, you will feel like you’re on a tropical island.
Best results are obtained using ripe bananas – the riper the better. You know those sad looking brown spotted bananas that are begging to be thrown out? Well don’t! Freeze them instead and you will have a plentiful supply of ice cream. All you do is peel, slice, wrap and freeze. Mangoes are at their juicy, sweet peak so do the same with them. I like to chop my mangoes up and place them in a sandwich bag which I flatten before I freeze. This makes it easier for the blades to get through.
This three ingredient tropical ice cream is the perfect antidote to long, hot Summer days. Instead of stopping in at the corner shop on the way home from the beach, just go to your freezer instead. You can top your ice cream with passionfruit like I’ve done, or add macadamia nuts, coconut chips or even goji berries
This ice cream was a big hit with my taste testers at work. Using a little travel esky to transport the ice cream in, it happily survived the one and a half hour long commute into the city.
Here’s an overview on what to do
Why this is so good for you
Bananas help combat depression, build strong bones, strengthen the nervous system, protect against type 2 diabetes, lower blood pressure, strengthen the blood, help regulate bowel movement, provide relief from acid reflux and heartburn and help prevent kidney cancer.
Mangoes promote good eyesight, promote clear skin, fight infection, help control heart rate and blood pressure,improve digestion, and protect against colon, chest, leukemia and prostate cancers.
Coconut improves digestion, increases immune strength, reduces risk of heart disease, reduces risk of diabetes,is anti – bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic; prevents osteoporosis, speeds up metabolism, prevents stroke and helps prevent the onset if Alzheimer’s disease.
Love, Tash x
- 3 medium mangoes, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 2 medium - large bananas, peeled chopped and frozen
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup organic light coconut cream or coconut milk (according to taste)
- Topping: Fresh passionfruit, macadamia nuts, coconut chips or goji berries
- Allow frozen fruit to thaw for 5 minutes then place in food processor with the coconut cream (start off with 1/2 cup then add more according to taste). Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl or tin (I used a small cake tin), smooth out and cover with cling wrap to avoid ice crystals forming and freeze till just firm.
- Allow to thaw for 5 minutes or so before eating.