Rich chocolate sauce – gluten free, grain free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian, clean and paleo friendly.
Day 4 of condiments, sauces and dips.
Even though I posted a chocolate cashew cream recipe the other day, I wanted to show you there are other ways to make chocolatey condiments. The main ingredients in this sauce are in a very primal, wholefood state. Dates and raw cacao powder are mixed together with water, Himalayan salt and bit of vanilla extract. This sauce can be dolloped over pancakes for a rich hit of chocolate whereas the chocolate cashew cream is milder in sweetness and chocolate flavour.
You can eat this rich chocolate sauce raw or gently warm it up on the stove.
Just a heads up: I have a chocolate cashew pancake recipe coming soon that goes perfectly with this sauce so be on the lookout for it!
I use Cacao Gold raw cacao powder as I find it’s not as bitter as other cacao powders. If you’re using a different powder, you may want to start off with only 1 tablespoon of cacao powder and adjust as you go along.
Ingredients I used
Have a wonderful day
Love, Tash x
Why this is so good for you
Dates create healthy bowel movement, strengthen bones, decrease feelings of fatigue and sluggishness, support the nervous system and reduce the risk of stroke and other heart related illnesses.
Raw cacao powder protects against aging and cancer, improves digestion, give energy, improves mood, lowers blood pressure and increases circulation.
Himalayan salt contains all of the 84 elements found in your body. It is anti aging, increases hydration, promotes blood sugar health, prevents muscle cramping, strengthens bones, lowers blood pressure, improves circulation, helps expel toxins from the body, helps reduce acid reflux and helps the intestines absorb nutrients.
Love Tash x
* This recipe can be halved
- 16 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup water
- Once dates are ready, drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor, high speed blender or smoothie maker with ice crushing blades and blitz till completely smooth and creamy.
- Serve over pancakes for a rich hit of chocolatey goodness.