Frozen banana, peanut butter and chocolate bites – gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free and clean.
I want to share a recipe with you today that I made a long time ago (hence the poor quality photos – apologies) These are simple, easy to make treats. The sweetness of banana, saltiness of peanut butter and bitterness of dark chocolate make for a delicious flavour combo!
I had seen a few of these on the web in the past so I can’t take credit for the idea but I experimented and the end result is one of PURE DELICIOUSNESS! You cannot stop at one. You can make these plain or add toppings as I have done. I sprinkled shredded coconut, chopped peanuts, chopped macadamia nuts and chia seeds on mine.
If you want to make these frozen banana, peanut butter and chocolate bites paleo friendly, simply replace the peanut butter with any nut butter of choice such as almond or hazelnut butter. I have not tried these flavours yet but I’m sure they would be yummy!
The peanut butter I have used here is an organic, 2 ingredient peanut butter which is simply – peanuts and sea salt. You can find it in health food shops.
Here’s an overview on what to do
Why this is so good for you
Bananas help combat depression, build strong bones, strengthen the nervous system, protect against type 2 diabetes, lower blood pressure, strengthen the blood, help regulate bowel movement, provide relief from acid reflux and heartburn and help prevent kidney cancer.
Organic peanuts reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, reduce the risk of stroke, help prevent colon and stomach cancer, reduce the development of gallstones and provide protection against Alzheimer’s Disease,
Sea salt helps build a strong immune system, prevents buildup in the digestive tract (which can lead to constipation and weight gain), reduces respiratory inflammation (asthma), reduces high blood pressure, heart attack and strokes, reduces risk of diabetes, prevents osteoporosis, helps prevent muscle spasms and cramps.
Raw cacao powder protects against aging and cancer, improves digestion, give energy, improves mood, lowers blood pressure and increases circulation.
Coconut oil speeds up metabolism, reduces the risk of heart disease, reduces the risk of diabetes, improves digestion, increases immune strength, is anti-bacterial, anti-vira, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic, prevents osteoporosis, prevents stroke and helps prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
Honey helps reduce the risk of heart disease, reduces ulcers, reduces throat irritation, strengthens the immune system, enhances performance and topically can help treat infections.
Love, Tash x
* If you have chocolate left over, cover and use another time.
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoons honey (or sweetener of choice)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Using a knife or teaspoon, smear desired amount of peanut butter on one side of banana slice. Add another banana slice over the top. Push down lightly and scrape off any peanut butter that has oozed out the side. Freeze.
- When ready, combine coconut oil and raw cacao powder in a small saucepan over lowest heat. Add sweetener, vanilla and salt, and stir till smooth. Remove from heat.
- Dip each banana/peanut butter slice into the chocolate mixture and allow excess to drip. Place on a dinner plate lined with baking or parchment paper. Once done, re-dip one or two more times and sprinkle your choice of crushed nuts, coconut, goji berries or chia seeds over the top or leave plain.